Box of Dreams
Friday, March 22nd / 10:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Instructor: Guest Artist Seth Apter
Class Fee: $105.00
Bring a brownbag lunch.
Create an artful and art-filled Box of Dreams to use as a place to create, document, and store your life goals, dreams, aspirations, and intentions. We will start with the same blank box and blank cards and spend the time personalizing and customizing the materials to reflect you. This workshop will introduce a series of mixed media techniques that can be used on any future project. Your Box of Dreams will help you realize your personal and/or professional goals as you take your dreams, translate these to a visual and written format, and make them a reality.
Supply list: Bring the Basics, plus:
- White gesso
- Fluid acrylics (at least 8 colors)
- Favorite adhesive for collage
- Paint brushes in assorted sizes
- Paint palette (paper plate is fine)
- Spray bottle
- Low tech texture tools (corrugatee cardboard, bubble wrap, etc.)
- Favorite pens and markers
- Caran D'Ache Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Crayons
- Assorted paper-based collage materials (bring a lot of these, keeping in mind the nature of your dreams and goals, including a ton of letters, words, and phrases in the form of paper, stickers, rub-ons, ephemera, decorative paper, etc.)
- Rubber stamps (alphabets and assorted images) and inkpads